Thursday, July 1, 2010

THE Dress

Lets recap...I went dress shopping really early on.  Like weeks after I got engaged.  I couldn't wait, I had been looking at dresses online for....well, ever.   My mom and I stopped into a David's Bridal on a Saturday, I think I tried on about 8 dresses.  My mom cried when I put on this dress...


I liked the front OK, but I just couldn't get past the back.  I hate how it makes my ass look.  That's right folks, it made my butt look weird.  And I'm sorry, but if I have to stand up there in front of a bunch of people, I would like to love what my butt looks like. 

So, I really really liked this dress, it's simple and I'm a pretty simple girl.  The sash gave it a little something (its dark brown, not black)  I liked it...



I took my MOH back to look at it and she agreed, out of all the dresses they had and I tried on, it was clearly the best option. 

So after a couple of shopping trips I had pretty much made a decision...until last night.   I asked my MOH to go look at veils with me.  I tried on a couple a few months ago, but I was trying to get a handle on how I would look on my big day.  Short, fingertip, cathedral, etc etc.  I happened to notice that David's had some new dresses online the other day and I saw one I liked.  There's no harm in trying it on right?  Uh....its so THE dress.  I loved it from the moment I put it on,  (as did my MOH,) and once they put the veil on, I got overwhelmed and started crying.  Just like those girls I make fun of on 'Say Yes to the Dress.'   I was that blubbering bride, staring at herself in the mirror.  I know it's perfect because I love that it's feminine, soft and simple without being boring.  I can't wait for my mom to see it.  I think she's going to cry too.   Here it is in all it's glory.  I love love love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment