Friday, May 28, 2010

More Flower Stuff


I took my mock-up centerpiece to work yesterday to get some opinions.  They all loved it.  I explained my symmetrical issue to one of my co-workers, and she said 'Get out of your head Jess, it looks great!"   Ok, Ok, I think that sums it up.  I like it.  I think I'm going to tweak some things (ribbon, filler etc) , but the idea is going to stay the same....I think.  :)   

On that same note, the Michael's store called today to tell me the flowers are there, ready for pickup.  Faster than I thought, no transfer fees and I didn't have to pay for them in advance. (So, if I change my mind, no harm, no foul)  Nice customer service Michael's. 

I have also decided I don't really like the blue hydrangeas I bought for my bouquet.  I think I'm spending all this time and energy trying to find the most realistic looking white hydrangeas for my MOH and centerpieces, and mine look fake. I think they're beautiful, but they aren't real looking. So back to the drawing board.  I did see some light blue hydrangeas that I liked, so we'll see.

Update:  I picked up the rest of the flowers.  I now own 46 stems of white hydrangeas.  I'm so happy I found enough.  I had to put them in the top of our wine holder to get them off the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment