Saturday, May 1, 2010

More Location Visits

My mom and I decided to check out a couple more locations today while Nick was at work. We started at Heritage Todd Creek Golf Club in Thornton, Colorado, about 45 minutes north of Denver. We decided to check it out because I met with the representative at the Bridal Show and she assured me they could work with my budget. She sent me a quote for their patio instead of the ballroom, which I thought was a great idea until we looked at it. It wasnt covered at all, so all our poor guests would be sitting in the sun all day. Plus, because its a fairly new golf course there were no trees. Lets just say we moved on.

Next was the location that Nick and I visited a couple weeks ago, Saddleback Golf Club. My mom hadnt seen it and it was only another 20 minutes from where we were. I still love it, and luckily so did my mom. We were also lucky enough to meet with Rhonda, the catering manager. She's great, and my mom pointed out that theyre so eager to help. They also mentioned that theyre going to be doing some renovations on the pavilion sometime this year. They want to glass in the pavilion and build bathrooms and a bridal suite onto the back. I kinda hope they dont glass it in, but bathrooms would be nice! :)

Since I had a couple more location on the list we moved on to Boulder Country Club which is about an hour north and west of Denver. First of all its impossible to find, and secondly, its SO outdated. It was a definite no.

Then we drove an hour the other direction to Green Valley Ranch Golf Club, it's also about an hour outside of Denver, but to the north and east. I was pleasantly surprised. I liked the clubhouse and pavilion. Unfortunately I dont know the site fees yet, so we'll see.

It's going to be tough to beat Saddleback at this point. I love so much about it. The views, the staff, the pavilion, the gazebo, the fact that its a golf course, and so on. So, if I have any free time, I'm on the internet searching for ideas, ideas and more ideas. I'm really enjoying the process, but I think if I dont stop looking soon, Im going to end up with more ideas than I can handle. LOL!

Anyway, today I got the idea that I wanted Nick to wear a different tie than his groomsmen and the fathers. I started my search, and to my surprise I found the perfect one in about 3 minutes. :) I showed it to Nick and luckily he loved it too. Woo hoo! I can't wait to order it.

No comments:

Post a Comment