Monday, May 24, 2010

I Had To Pick Flowers That Are Impossible To Find

Ok, after thinking about it last night, I decided that I want to try to make a centerpiece mock-up, just to see if I even like it. Who knows if what is in my brain will actually look right. I really like the white hydrangeas I got for my MOH's bouquet. They look great and as close as Ive ever seen to real.

At lunch today I ran to the Michael's to buy 4 more stems of the white hydrangea and a vase. Apparently they don't have any more, they wont be getting anymore, they cant order them, and the lady I talked to asked me if I was going to hire her to 'do my wedding?' What? I just asked for the stupid flowers. The bottom line is I have to call all the Michael's stores in my city to see if anyone has anymore. I called 12 stores....they're on sale and have been out on the shelves for months, so most stores don't have any. NONE! nada, zip, zilch. I managed to find 8 at the store closest to my house, and 12 at the store 18 miles north of the city. I started to panic. What if I cant find enough? Luckily, I called a store in Colorado Springs, tada, they have 26 of them. They offered to ship them to a store closer to me. Yippee, I should have enough for all my centerpieces. If I choose to make them. HA!
After work, I ran my sweet piece of crap car all over the city picking these stupid things up. Here they are in the floorboard of my car...

No comments:

Post a Comment