Saturday, June 26, 2010

Paper Samples & an Invite Mock-up


I had to return some embossing powder the other day.  I didnt realize that even though it says clear on the bottle, if it's 'clear pearl,' then it turns everything, no matter what color your ink is...purple.  Not so good.   Anyway, while I was there I picked up a couple pieces of scrapbooking paper in our colors, just to play around with.  Then I started thinking maybe it's time to start making some mock-ups, like real ones, so we can decide what we like best.  I have been stalking cardsandpockets.com for a while now.  I like that you can buy individual pieces  of paper, instead of packs of 25. (like PaperSource)  So yea!!  I ordered samples from Cards & Pockets yesterday, I cant wait to see what they're like.  Since our colors are brown and light(ish) blue, I ordered samples of the gate fold card in Milk Chocolate and Coffee Bean.  Then I ordered the invitation mat in Something Blue and Hydrangea.  Our actual invitation will be cream. 

I made a pretty rough mock-up just to see what it was going to look like, but I think I love it.  I had some leftover blue paper and since I was trying to explain to the girls at work what I was talking about with a 'belly band,'  I threw it on there for effect.  I think I like the idea of the paper one.  You can open it and dont have to slide it down like a real ribbon one.  I'm still going to make a mock-up of both, just in case.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment